This is a montage of planetary images taken by spacecraft managed by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, CA. Included are (from top to bottom) images of Mercury, Venus, Earth (and Moon), Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. The spacecraft responsible for these images are as follows:
- Mercury image was taken by Mariner 10
- Venus image by Magellan
- Earth and Moon images by Galileo
- Mars image by Mars Global Surveyor
- Jupiter image by Cassini, and
- Saturn, Uranus and Neptune images by Voyager.
- Pluto is not shown as no spacecraft has yet visited it.
The inner planets (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Moon, and Mars) are roughly to scale to each other; the outer planets (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune) are roughly to scale to each other.